Systems Support Consultant
System Support Consultant
This person will support and maintain the following systems at ASCO namely:
- DATASCOPE WMS (Warehouse Management System)
- Advantageous: CPIM, B.Com, B.Eng, BSc (Eng), Logistics related diploma / degree (M+3)
- SYSPRO accreditation specializing in Inventory and General Ledger
- SQL Server qualification
- Two year working experience with MS SQL Server relational databases advantageous.
- Report writing/querying skills within MS SQL.
- Two year working experience within a warehousing/supply chain environment advantageous.
- Working experience with the running of SYSPRO in a warehouse environment required.
- Good working knowledge of the inventory modules used in SYSPRO.
- Good knowledge and experience in the implementation of SYSPRO advantageous,
- Proactive, positive, energetic person – “GO – GETTER”
- Excellent problem solving/analytical skills
- Logical thinker
- Customer service orientated
- Business process knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Team player
- Own transport (Code B license)
- Proficient in English & Afrikaans
- Strong administrative and documentation skills
- Quick and continuous learner
- First line of support to SYSPRO and DATASCOPE WMS and related systems.
- Site specific documentation generation and maintenance.
- Administration and management of SYSPRO and related systems.
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases to develop complex queries or reports to extract data from all related databases as required for business purposes.
- Generation of reports using Crystal or MS SQL reporting services.
- Management and administration of the MS SQL Server 2012 environment. Monitoring and the maintenance of regular backups of the databases and ensuring recovery.
- Management of all associated business programs which interact with SYSPRO including all relational SQL databases.
- Management and training of SYSPRO and WMS users.
- Perform essential maintenance on SYSPRO including day-end and month-end tasks.