Digital Marketing Executive
Benefit Cosmetics is the San Francisco-based makeup brand that believes laughter is the best cosmetic. Benefit is the No. 1 Brow Brand Worldwide and is synonymous with fun, instant beauty solutions.
At Benefit, everything we do and every product we make is to put a smile on people’s face. We do this by breaking rules with wit and wisdom, solving problems with courage and creativity and by always trying to make real connections with the people we work with and the customers we touch every day. If you work hard, play hard and love to laugh out loud, you are just what we are looking for! Benefit Cosmetics is looking for a savvy, friendly, motivated, and energetic Digital Marketing Executive to join the South African team.
Directly reporting to the Brand Manager, the Digital Marketing Executive will be responsible for developing a content marketing plan, creating shareable photo and video content, monitoring industry trends and working closely with the PR & Communications Manager to develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, while ensuring that global KPI’s are followed.
Community Management & Content creation
• Work closely with the Middle East Digital team to develop and execute the local content strategy according to the Marketing Calendar: develop, create and schedule relevant social media content with the support of the Middle East team
• Be the face and the voice of Benefit Cosmetics in South Africa
• Manage Social Media calendar and tactics to grow the online presence of Benefit in South Africa on relevant platforms (Instagram, TikTok…)
• Community Management: proactively engage with our community in South Africa and reply to customers’ requests
• Develop meaningful collaborations with relevant local players (influencers, celebrities, small businesses…)
• Ensure that e-PR & Social Media objectives, goals & performance metrics are successfully met & provide recommendations based on findings in collaboration with the Middle East Digital team
• Build and maintain close relations with industry influencers, hand in hand with the PR & Communications Manager, and proactively negotiate and secure Earned coverage
• Keep track of Earned Media KPIs, share consolidated report on a monthly basis & provide recommendations based on findings.
• Proactively support and participate in any Influencer activation (trips, events, etc.)
• Monitor industry trends and adopt best practices in a timely manner
Online Paid Media
• Partner with the Middle East Digital team to execute the Paid Media Strategy in South Africa
• Keep track of Paid Media KPIs and share consolidated report monthly
• Plan, execute and optimize online adverts on Google Adwords, Facebook, TikTok etc. to increase brand awareness. At Benefit, our Paid Media is handled 100% in-house. Hands-on experience with paid solutions is required.
Skills and qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications
• 3 years of experience in digital marketing: experience in paid media, SEO, Google Adwords…
• Experience with Influencer Marketing
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Analytical skills – ability to draw conclusions from data
• Highly organized multi-tasker with a great ability to problem solve
• Brand ambassador & inspirational on the Benefit brand
Johannesburg / South Africa