Reporting To: New Business Development Director
Main Purpose: The Inventory Controller is responsible for efficiently managing and maintaining inventory accuracy within the organization. They will oversee inventory levels, ensure proper documentation and control, and implement effective inventory management procedures. The Inventory Controller will be responsible for coordinating with various departments and suppliers to optimize inventory levels, minimize stockouts, and maintain a smooth supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement inventory control procedures to ensure accuracy, minimize shrinkage, and prevent stockouts.
- Monitor and maintain optimal inventory levels to meet customer demands while avoiding overstocking.
- Conduct regular cycle counts, stock audits, and inventory reconciliations to ensure accuracy and identify discrepancies.
- Develop and maintain inventory review & reporting spreadsheets.
- Implement and maintain effective inventory management systems, including identifying and resolving any issues or concerns.
- Manage inventory stock code management, including product code uploads, pricing and general management.
- Manage and maintain inventory hierarchy, including statuses and ABC classifications.
- Review and analyze inventory reports, identify trends, and create strategies to address and improve inventory performance.
- Coordinate with procurement and supply chain teams to ensure timely and accurate ordering and fulfillment of inventory. Including in transit management.
- Collaborate with the sales team to forecast demand, set stock levels, and plan for seasonal fluctuations.
- Identify obsolete or slow-moving inventory and make recommendations for markdowns, returns, or transfers to optimize inventory turnover.
- Communicate with suppliers to resolve any inventory-related issues, including shipping delays, quality concerns, or damaged goods.
- Provide regular inventory reports and analysis to management and make recommendations for process improvements or cost-saving initiatives.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- Proven work experience as an Inventory Controller or similar role.
- Strong knowledge of inventory management best practices, procedures, and systems.
- Proficient in using inventory management software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and make informed decisions.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of relevant industry regulations and compliance requirements