Head Office, Sales & Marketing
Reporting to: Brand Manager / Division General Manager
As a Medical Sales Representative, you will build new and existing relationships with GP’s, Dermatologists, Oncologists and Pharmacists by strengthening current relationships, as well as provide outstanding service within all sales calls to new and prospective doctors.
• Identify key prescriber in your territory. Your targets will be dermatologists as well as selected oncologists, GPs, and pharmacists
• Create a detailing call cycle to drive exposure, directly influence recommendations and build relationships with your prescribers
• Drive growth in your territory through detailing the dermatological formulations to prescriber database, resulting in recommendations into pharmacy
• Educate pharmacists on the formulations to directly influence recommendations
• Liaise with key pharmacists and the pharmacy area mangers to determine growth opportunities and implement synergies
• Responsible for Area Sales Manager functions in top retail stores.
Job Specific Requirements:
• Classification of the key stakeholders within the customer portfolio in order to more effectively and efficiently manage and gauge one’s own interaction with these on an ongoing basis.
• Provide input to the Sales Manager and Brand Manager with regards to establishing specific sales strategies to further sell products.
• Daily update and populate CRM with all details pertaining to plan the interactions and meetings as well as developments due to these past customer interactions.
• Maintain understanding and knowledge of competitor activity and market intelligence/trends, to respond to these timeously and appropriately.
• Ensure effective and professional service delivery (key account management, after-sales service, etc.) in line with the set business principles to all customers on an ongoing basis.
• Identify new possible clients as well as opportunities within existing clients to further grow business.
• Ensure that visibility is maintained with customers through ongoing contact and CRM
• Ensure that all customer needs are accurately and proactively identified and attended to.
• Monitor own customer performance and sales targets within their allocated promotional budgets to ensure that individual targets are met.
• Partake and provide feedback during the different brand meetings regarding any developments, trends and success of the respective sales and marketing strategies.
• Accurately compile and provide reports on prospective actions and past developments as well as consolidated monthly reports to the Sales Manager and Brand Manager.
• Maintain and build customer relationships on an ongoing basis with key stakeholders to further grow sales and brand awareness.
• Maintain and build internal relationships to ensure a strong network and support structure to facilitate the divisions initiatives.
• Respond to specific customer requirements such as presentations, workshops, product updates, and training to ensure customers are updated on products and latest developments.
• Provide customer service levels within the framework of “Going the Extra Mile”, but not to the detriment of Roche.
• Maintain and present a professional image of Roche and the business unit within the marketplace (grooming, punctuality, customer communication, customer contact).
Qualifications and Attributes
• Tertiary qualifications ideally in the field’s science or commerce
• Previous experience in medical sales – GP, Specialist or Hospital
• Demonstrated sales track record through superior influencing skills within the healthcare setting
• Experience in the area of skin care or dermatology will be viewed favourable
• Excellent communication, presentation, and persuasive selling skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Good interpersonal skills and self-motivated with a demonstration of initiative
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team
• Computer Literacy in MS Office