Retail Development Manager
Benefit Cosmetics is the San Francisco-based makeup brand that believes laughter is the best cosmetic. Benefit is the No. 1 Brow Brand Worldwide and is synonymous with fun, instant beauty solutions.
At Benefit, everything we do and every product we make is to put a smile on people’s face. We do this by breaking rules with wit and wisdom, solving problems with courage and creativity and by always trying to make real connections with the people we work with and the customers we touch every day. If you work hard, play hard and love to laugh out loud, you are just what we are looking for!
Benefit Cosmetics is looking for a savvy, friendly, motivated, and energetic Retail Development Manager to join the South African team.
Directly reporting to the Brand Manager, and functionally to the Benefit Cosmetics MEA Commercial Director,
the Retail Development Manager will be responsible for the definition and the establishment the sales strategy
by mall and POS in order to grow market shares, ranking and productivity.
The Retail Development Manager will also be in charge of managing 3 Retail Experience Supervisors and 1 Field
Retail Sales Development
• Develop our sales turnover in each store by achieving monthly and yearly targets
• Set up and monitor sell-out targets by country and by door, coming up with an action plan when needed
• Regularly visit stores with the Retail Experience Supervisors and the Field Coach
• Partner and build strong working relationships with the store managers to develop the Benefit staff performance and drive commercial opportunities
• Come up with engagement activities for the Retail staff
• Compile daily, weekly and monthly sales reports to top management
• Collaborate with the Demand Planner and the Brand Manager in developing the sell-in strategy
• Find new business opportunities within the South African market by exploring all possible distribution models
• Make strategic recommendations to the Benefit Cosmetics MEA Commercial Director Management
▪ Hire, develop and retain field staff
▪ Negotiate staffing levels based on productivity targets, trends and opportunities when necessary
▪ Ensure that all counters are appropriately staffed
▪ Follow-up performance of the Beauty Consultants
▪ Ensure that the field staff follow all company and store policies, guidelines and procedures
▪ Lead, in partnership with local HR, the main HR topics for the Retail staff
Marketing & Merchandising
▪ Enhance Benefit Brand Image through visual, merchandising, and POS activities
▪ Implement and communicate the marketing guidelines and animation plans to Sales staff
Competencies and qualifications
• 6-8 years retail experience including minimum 3 years management experience
• Cosmetics experience preferred
• Good knowledge of the South African market specificities
• Proven sales and service track record
• Proficient computer skills – Word, Excel, Power-point
• Proficient at reading and analyzing numbers
• Excellent communication and leadership skills
• Promote feel good/fun environment for customers and employees
• Be passionate, fun and tenacious!
Johannesburg / South Africa