Business Intelligence Specialist
Reporting to: Senior Business Intelligence Specialist with Dotted line to Head of Finance & Business Intelligence.
To drive improvements in business by providing insights and analysis.
To identify and translate market opportunities into actionable. recommendations to achieve individual, team and company revenue profit target.
To figure out market and business trends for ASCO to increase efficiency and to empower system’s users.
To support the Sales and Marketing departments in finding new ways to attract new customers, maximize the value of existing customers and retain the most profitable ones.
Key Results Area:
- Data Collection, Reporting & Sales Statistics
- Data analytics: Microsoft query and look for trends.
- Sell In and Sell Out budget’s preparations and tracking.
- Value Market share (Data Orbis analysis), store visit reports and required operational & strategic information.
- Improve BI processes and efficiency. Collaborating with stakeholders to document business process maps, business requirement definitions and business requirements specifications.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with peers and organisational role players to achieve optimal cross process integration.
- Keeping abreast of market changes and internal system developments ensuring that all new processes align to best practices.
Job Specific Requirements:
- Ensure the accuracy of data within the business and ensure consistent use of data.
- Create actionable business insights to answer business questions, drive business decisions, and develop recommendations to improve operations.
- Sell In and Sell Out budget’s preparations.
- Updating new malls & doors including budgets during the year. Amend templates accordingly.
- Reporting internally and externally Sell in & sell out, weekly, month to date & Calendar and Fiscal YTD. ASCO Select Brands and Fenty.
- Sell Out reports for Area Managers across Select and Fenty and generate information for all supplier’s international visits.
- Analyse derived information to create value add understanding of insights and opportunities presented by the data set.
- Retailers’ website market share update on all suppliers and to be monitored in four areas. Prestige, Masstige, Mass and Online e.g. Clicks
- Internally market shared based on Retailers’ (Clicks portal) and internal estimates.
- Identify opportunities through which Analytics can assist in addressing these challenges, present these to relevant stakeholders and implement.
- Commission accruals for Retail Partners and salaries claim for all counter doors.
- Providing Payroll with all BC expenses split to be allocated in the general ledger.
- Prepare combined reports for ASCO Group, Sales by division and Sell-In & Sell-Out Reports per retailer.
- Conduct integrity checks on all extracted data to ensure correct data is incorporated into reports.
- Educate users where required on the design or how to utilise the existing data and associated reporting platforms such as PowerBI, Syspro Analytics, Reporting Services, and advanced pivot tables.
- Drive a business intelligence roadmap; prioritize analysis requests to balance the tactical and strategic information needs of the business.
- Lead the definition and governance of key business metrics, drive the vision and scoping of automated dashboards and self-service analytic capabilities.
- Preparing reports for the CEO and the Chairman when meeting with retailers including the Canne’s reports (Adhoc)
- Leading the CRM project from the Business Intelligence side, pulling insights and report to the business
- Mentoring, Training and Development program for staff.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in business or related Diploma or Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience at a mid-management level
- Expertise with creating OLAP (Cube, slice, dice and drilling).
- Expertise with ETL
- Excellent PC Literacy (Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel at an Advanced Level)
- Have communication, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Attention to Detail
- Report Writing & mining data through Microsoft query.
- Deadline driven.
- Ability to train others.
- Syspro, SQL, Syspro Analytics and Power BI & Python an added advantage.
Please be advised that this vacancy will be filled in line with the Company’s Employment Equity Policy and Practices
Employees or Candidates who wish to apply for the above position should submit their
applications and a Motivation Letter together with their CV to Rashid Fraser by 25th August 2023