Job Title: Retail Buyer: Color Café & The Authorised Fragrance & Cosmetics Outlet store
Reporting To: Retail Operations Senior Manager
Responsible for the buying and planning of ASCO Retail ventures. To ensure that all retail stores achieve the desired revenue and profit target.
Key Results Area:
- Buying Management
- Product Management
- Portfolio Management
- Assortment Management
- Inventory Management
- Retailer sales and data analysis
- Sales Performance by Store against Annual Target
Job Specific Requirements
- Designing and generating weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports.
- Continuously improving forecasting techniques, method, and approach.
- Relating and measuring the impact of forecast accuracy.
- Evolving and maintaining documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, insuring forecasting processes and methods are followed.
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality and promotions).
- Sales performance of all Company Owned retail stores (Color Café – Levy & EPM, Skins – Sandton, V&A and Menlyn and Outlet Store)
- Buying assortment Analysis and range planning.
- Newness, Promotions and Novelties Management.
- Discontinuation and SKU rationalization Management.
Margin, Pricing, Currency and Gross Profit percentage Management.
- Development of Buying Plan.
- Stock Inputs, receipts and forecast management.
- Stock turns target achievement.
- Redundancy Management.
- Inventory Planner development and Management.
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets.
- Make recommended adjustments to forecast and inventory targets based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with General Manager reviewing recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions).
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future.
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT).
- Ensure attainment of financial goals for sales, inventory, maximizing profitability while giving customers best value options in the relevant categories.
- Development of supplier base to support merchandise strategy.
- Negotiation with supplier in terms of cost of product, payment terms, quality, packaging and deliveries.
- Maintain good supplier relationships.
- Monitor competition to ensure best merchandise offering and pricing.
- Development of seasonal offerings and merchandise programmes.
- Understand current trends and opportunities and use this knowledge to develop the categories.
- Ensure products are loaded onto Syspro and Purchase Orders are processed.
- Update master file with all relevant product information as well as product copy.
- Liaise with warehouse teams to ensure products are received and quality controlled.
- Liaise with digital and IT team to ensure product information is loaded onto the backend.
- Work closely with digital marketing team to provide merchandising vision to email, search and social campaigns.
- Drive product results through merchandise management including product promotions, upsell & cross sell opportunities, online and print presentations, marketing and search.
- Regularly review and analyze supplier/category/product results, communicating findings to management & recommending reloads, template revisions, merchandising standards, product additions and price changes.
- Consistently driving high levels of operational excellence across the stores.
- To promote a customer care approach within the retail business, investigating complaints or issues of poor customer care, both timely and efficiently.
- To take responsibility for personal and professional development.
- To develop, implement, review and monitoring the retail operating plan and budget.
- To ensure all stores are efficiently and effectively managed, visiting them regularly, and monitoring their compliance with policy, procedure and standards.
- Team Player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail
- Excellent relationship building skills
- High initiative
- Leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- High energy levels
- Related Diploma or Degree
- Minimum 7 to 8 years retail experience.
- With a minimum of 3 years in leading & managing retail sales teams
- Luxury brand experience
- Product Management
- Must be aware of promotion and act proactively in terms of stock control
- Familiar with merchandising guidelines
- Strong commercial acumen combined with good marketing skills.
- Role requires frequent domestic and occasional international travel
- Multinational experience
- Experience gained within a matrix management reporting structure
- MS Office
- Typically, role follows normal working hours, however, at times there will be requirements to work on week-ends.
- Accordingly, a flexible approach is required.