Social Media & Content Manager
Reporting To: Communication Manager
This person will be responsible for the strategy, development, and publishing of content to deliver strong and engaging campaigns across multiple platforms, including web, email, social media and press releases.
This person would need to create the strategies to best deliver specific campaign objectives across planned platforms (multi-channel); including researching, sourcing, writing, and editing interesting content, publishing of that relevant content on all selected platforms (website blogs, social media platforms, email tools), and then the oversight, monitoring and reporting all insights and analytics of campaigns for each campaign and platforms used.
Experience & Skills Required
- Passion for digital marketing
- Commitment to putting in the hours to deliver on campaigns
- Excellent + demonstrable project management skills
- Time management and multitasking skills.
- Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Effective communication skills coupled with good presentation skills.
- Excellent writing and language skills, including spelling and grammar.
- Attention to detail
- Pro-active Problem-solving
- Can work independently once direction and objectives said
- Digital brief management
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiar with design principles.
Copy Writing & Content Creation – must have experience in the following:
- Copy writing and/or editing – for web, social media, email, and press releases.
- Sourcing, writing, and editing interesting content.
- Image sourcing and development (including briefing design teams):
- Design and image editing is a big plus (i.e. Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills).
- Thorough understanding on digital image and video deployment (including an understanding of acceptable quality and standards).
Social Media – must have experience in the following:
- Community management, across the popular social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+)
- Managing all company internal Social Media Platforms
- Social media content production and management (including planning editorial calendars and campaign plans, sourcing and production of content and publishing content):
- This would include Live Event social media content publishing.
- Developing and managing paid social media marketing including:
- YouTube and
- All emerging platforms).
- A working knowledge of principles of SEO, including keyword research. Knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Thorough understanding of social media platform guidelines and policies.
Email Marketing – must have experience the following:
- Developing, publishing, managing, and reporting on email marketing.
- Management of email marketing platforms, developing and maintaining databases and developing email lists.
- Developing and managing database growth strategies.
- List management.
- A good understanding of email campaigns and relevant email tools (one-time, drip, trigger emails, etc.).
Reporting & Analysis – must have experience in the following:
- Reporting, analytics, and analysis for all relevant social media platforms.
- Reporting, analytics, and analysis of Google analytics.
- Reporting, analytics, and analysis for email campaigns.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- A marketing degree is a must
- Previous experience in digital marketing, social media or advertising a must
- Previous experience and understanding of the lifestyle category and market segment
- Knowledge of the market
- Willingness to work extended hours
- Good organisational skills and a high degree of accuracy is required
- Ability to work under pressure, use initiative and take ownership of tasks
- Presentable appearanceTop of Form
- Ideal candidate should have a start-up mentality, superior communication skills, both internal and client-facing, strong relationship management, ability to work effectively with a variety of internal teams, ability and strong interest in Digital Marketing.
- Ability to be a hands-on team player adding value, creating strategies, programs and instructional guidance to all levels and teams
- Exceptional at building and presenting concepts/programs for clients and new business opportunities
- Deep project management understanding
- Proven success working in fast-paced, super-collaborative team environments
- Organized, multi-tasker
- Excellent understanding of all digital marketing platforms and their purpose